Vlad is Here to Help Deliver Training Tips
- Dog touchy about brushing? Start w/soothing massage and work up, using back of brush first. Praise softly.
- With practice, praise and reward, Fido will allow inspection of ears, teeth, tail, body, paws/pads.
- Help Fido associate grooming w/pleasure. Play soft music, speak sweetly, treat when successful.
- Get your dog used to crowds and people by visiting your pet supply store on the weekend when busiest.
- If Fido pulls toward people or dogs to greet, start teaching the ‘Leave It’ command, treating accordingly.
- Another strategy for pulling toward people is to use the ‘Watch Me’ command and a
- Balance these ‘Leave It’ experiences with time at the dog park to meet and greet off-leash. Gr8 for socialization!
- Remember that training your dog makes him a better family member and more enjoyable companion. He’s worth it!
- Relish your training time as a bonding experience and remember to end on a high note with praise and a treat.