|© ? Who Took this Picture?|
Family Times--Good Times
I just rolled back into town from a family reunion and what a great time--short and sweet, so many new faces, fun conversations, and dog lovers. Who knew? Retrievers were common in this bunch; I counted 2 Goldens and 3 Labs without even asking any questions. I was trying to hard to bite my tongue and have a dog-free weekend. It just wasn't meant to be.
As hard as I tried to allow myself to be truly on vacation, someone was always bringing up the blog--husband, cousins, kid, new-found family member. It was hard to avoid All Things Dog Blog, even on a brief vacation where I promised myself I would not write a single post. In all fairness, however, I did achieve that goal. The problem came in not being able to avoid the topic in conversation. I suppose I'm as my kids and husband describe me--living, eating, and breathing this blog. Ahhhhh....no complaints here! Yet it was good to take a couple of days to rest the dog side of my brain. Would that be the left or right side?
On to the purpose of this post--your weekly "What's new?"
- In addition to the awarding of some busy ongoing giveaways at the end of the week, there will be more announced on Thursday.
- Be sure to join us on Friday for our Fido's Freebie Friday, when Doggies and Stuff and I bring together a collection of giveaways for you enter. Linkups open every Thursday afternoon so bloggers can be sure to get connected for viewing by visitors all day on Friday.
- Watch for some interesting guest posts this week on Dog Toy Safety and more Pupsicles recipes--summer fun for the furry friends at your house.
- Our Saturday Pet Blogger Hop thoughts will turn to fosters and rescues this week. Check in for some ramblings on this topic.
- For those who enjoy watching our Tour of States, we'll be sticking to the midwest as we head for Minnesota this week, but changing course next week to visit the deep South. Check in each Sunday for our highlight of another states' rescue pets from Petfinder.