|© Carrie Boyko|
What Time Does the Game Start, Mom?
Welcome, dog lovers, to All Things Dog Blog on this beautiful Super Bowl Sunday. Today is our First Annual Super Dog Sunday Blog Hop. I'm more of a FIDO Fan than a football fan so I decided to design a little fun for myself and my fellow Fido Fans that takes up the Super Bowl theme. I guess I also have another reason; my dad was a huge Packer's fan. How 'bout we dedicate this event to dear old dad.! I'm sure he's busy collecting his final bets on the game as this is being read by all of you.
We don't need to watch the game to have our own fun, right? You can enjoy this blog hop by clicking on the thumbnails to visit other blogs and viewing the fun photos of their pups in some sort of Football theme. I'll be posting photos here and on Facebook throughout the game. Bounce around and have a nice time. That's why they call this a BLOG HOP!
If you are a blogger who would like to participate by leaving a pic of your pup, here's the deal:
- There must be a football, jersey, or TV with a ball game on, as well as at least one dog in the picture
- Enter multiple pictures if you like
- Feel free to plug your team with a costume, color scheme or other creative theme builder.
Not a blogger? No problem! Just pop over to my Facebook page and post your pic there. Not into Facebook? Still no problem. Just send your photos to me at LetsAdoptaDogPark@gmail.com, and I'll get them posted for you. We'd love to have you join in! Then you can hop around and look at all the others from here. Have fun with it and be sure to visit some of the other blogs to see their football photos. Remember, commenting is good karma. Thanks for joining in!
Need more help getting into the hop? Here's a Help Page I made up with instructions, photo tips and more: Super Dog Sunday Blog Hop 2011. If this doesn't do the trick, drop me an email at LetsAdoptaDogPark@gmail.com and I'll try to help you out. I'll be on blog duty all day!
Finally, here's the recipe I promised in my announcement post. I have to say, they're pretty tasty, even for us moms. A tad more molasses and I'd be fighting the dogs for my share.
*We used organic ingredients, but you can whip these up however you choose.This recipe was adapted to our theme from one at Dog Treat Kitchen.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk, reduced fat or fat free
- 1 cup peanut butter (salt and sugar free is best)
- 1 Tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk dry ingredients together
- Stir in remaining ingredients gradually, until well mixed.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead to a soft dough.
- Roll out to 1/2" thick and use cookie cutters to create shapes
- Bake 20 minutes, slightly less if your dough is thinner.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Speaking of Tanner and Oliver, be sure to stop in their blog, 5 Minutes for Fido, where they will be posting Fido football photos all afternoon. You'll find plenty of fresh pics here too, so keep popping in to see what's new! Happy tails!
|© Carrie Boyko|
Will this Football Work?