Perfect for Pets on the Go
- Even the best, most-expensive pet food is a health hazard when infested with bugs. Choose airtight #Vittles Vault storage for complete pest resistance.
- Only purchase enough food for up to 6 weeks of use to assure freshness
- “Use By” or “Best Used by” dates apply ONLY to sealed bags.
- Artificial preservatives give food a longer shelf life but often include harmful chemicals that outweigh the benefits. Choose natural preservatives like Tocopherols (various forms of vitamin E) and Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C).
- Fats and oils in pet food are extremely susceptible to oxidation, caused by regular access to oxygen. We recommend an airtight container to limit this problem.
- Oxidation reduces nutritional value of food and causes the taste to be less appealing.
- Mold is highly toxic to dogs. If your pup eats moldy food, get him to a vet pronto for treatment.
- When purchasing pet food, check bags carefully for tears and splits. Do not buy a bag that has been torn and is retaped. Pests, mold, and moisture may have set in that will make your pet sick.
- Don’t forget to completely tighten screw on lids to totally seal out air and pests.
- Discard food with changes in color, consistency, or odor. Thoroughly wash and dry the container before refilling.