|© All Things Dog Blog|
Oliver the Tree Hugger
- Start composting your kitchen and household wastes, rather than sending them to the landfill where the micro-organisms in the ground cannot assist with their breakdown.
- Purchase biodegradable, no-phosphate home cleaning solutions that don't pollute with their runoff.
- Choose natural ways to fight pests in your home, yard and on your pets. Some solutions include peppermint oil spray, clove oil, DE powder, Borax and more. Be sure to read up on their proper use :)
- Skip the plastic, whether it be water bottles or bags. Choose re-usables to reduce landfill overuse and unnecessary recycling.
- Plant a tree in a place where its shade will help cool your home in the summer heat.
- Use styrofoam packaging materials as extra insulation in your attic.
- Clean up your dog's waste promptly with a flushable poop bag, and allow our sewer system to do what it was intended for. Try Flush Puppies!