|© Carrie Boyko|
Xena's Wisdom Lives On
As the one year anniversary of our loss of Xena just passed, I found myself thinking of her more and more frequently. I called her "First Alert Xena" because she was a better weather predicter than any weather alert radio or weather forecaster. Some days I suddenly realize another lesson learned from her wisdom. Today I share a few of Xena's lessons with you. Feel free to comment with your own below. You can read my farewell to her at the link above.
- Afternoon naps aren't just luxurious; they are often necessary to rejuvenate the weary body, mind and spirit.
- Approach life as a playground; never stop exploring.
- Never meet a stranger; approach everyone you meet as someone who has something to offer.
- Savor your chew toys, even when they happen to be human.
- Play with abandon.
- All things in moderation, even healthy food.
- Mentor new packmembers; tolerate annoying ones with respect. They are still part of the family and may eventually grow on you when given the chance.
- "Blankies have purpose". Even adults need a "Don't leave home without it" item.
- Leashes are not necessarily a bad thing. Just like cell phones, they help us keep track of loved ones.
- Dog Parks allow for leash-free fun. No cell phones should be allowed inside; focus on Fido!
This post is a part of the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop hosted by Life with Dogs, Two Little Cavaliers and Confessions of the Plume. Following are their rules of participation as taken from Life with Dogs' site on October 21, 2011:
- Link up your pet blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below. You only need to add your link once to be seen on all the Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop Linky Tools for that week. Note that if your blog is not pet related your link will be removed. Also note that only one post per blog is acceptable, and links promoting giveaways that are unrelated to the pet blogger hop will be removed. This is a community building exercise and not a promotional vehicle – please treat it as such.
- Grab the “Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop” button on the right hand side of this site and include it in your Saturday Blog hop post so that your readers will know what is going on. *Note – posting is optional. Feel free to just link and follow.
- Follow your co-hosts listed in the first 3 slots of the Linky Tool.
- Follow as many other blogs on the linky as you’d like.
- Take a moment to comment on the blogs telling them you’re from the blog hop.
- Follow back when you get a new follower through the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop.
- Make friends and grow. ♥