|© Carrie Boyko|
Okay, So I'm No Decorating Ace
|© Carrie Boyko|
- 3 organic chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 cup organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 2-1/3 cups organic all purpose flour
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Cut the chicken breasts in 3 or 4 pieces each, and boil until cooked through. Add the carrots at the very end, to cook till tender. Because they are grated, this will only take a couple of minutes.
- Drain and allow to cool to a comfortable handling temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease two cookie sheets.
- Toss the drained and cooled chicken and carrots into your food processor with one-half the broth. Mix until fairly well ground.
- Add the eggs when almost ready. Mix until its consistency is like baby food.
- Scrape mixture into another container while you switch to your dough blade.
- Replace the chicken mixture and add a cup of the flour. Mix briefly.
- Add the remainder slowly until all is evenly textured as a stiff cookie dough would normally be.
- Adjust the stiffness for a good rolling texture by adding more or less broth, if needed. If it is sticky, add a bit more flour. It it is too dry to roll, add more broth.
- Remove the dough to a floured surface. Knead for a few minutes.
- Roll a ball of the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Using cookie cutters, biscuit cutters, or small juice glasses, cut and remove cookies to cookie sheets.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before refrigerating in a sealed container. One container will be fine in your refrigerator for serving over the next week or two.
- These cookies freeze well.
- Recipe makes 2-4 dozen, depending on the size of your cookie cutters. Small, dog biscuit sized treats will give you a large quantity to freeze for future use, or to share.
Follow All Things Dog at Twitter Find me at Facebook
© copyright Carrie Boyko, all rights reserved
Bookmark this on Delicious