|© Barbara K., reader copyright on file|
Buddy and His Owner
Enjoy Fun Photo Poses Like this Special Occasion One
- 4 cups carob chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (surprise!)
- Prepare an edged cookie sheet by lining it with recycled tin foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Melt carob chips in a glass bowl in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Stir and repeat process.
- Stir in the peanut butter and microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Stir a bit more to combine.
- Now add the nuts and cinnamon, hand stirring these in until evenly distributed.
- Pour this mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet, spreading evenly.
- Chill for 15 minutes in a freezer or 30 minutes in your refrigerator.
- When ready, break up the bark into 1 to 2 inch pieces--smaller if you have a toy-sized dog that is watching his figure!
- Store bark in a sealed container in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Recipe makes about 70 one to two-inch pieces of deliciousness that you can delight your party guests and their dogs with.
Follow All Things Dog at Twitter Find me at Facebook
© copyright Carrie Boyko, all rights reserved
NOTE: Checking in with one of the vets that has written for our site from time to time, I have learned that while walnuts are acceptable, BLACK Walnuts are poisonous to dogs. Since we often do not know the difference, please steer clear of Walnuts and use Peanuts in this recipe instead.