Our family lives a largely green and organic lifestyle and, as a result, I get a lot of questions. I share many of my strategies in my blog, but here's a few tips that may help your Fido or Fluffy live a longer, healthier, more robust life.
- Supplement kibble with organic, lean meats and vegetables that have been simmered in your slow cooker--no effort, just great results. A few scoops on top of a lessened amount of kibble means reduced toxins, hormones and antibiotics in your pet's meal. Make it even better by using an organic kibble like Organix.
- Know your pet supplier's savings programs and take advantage of sales by stocking up on the best food you can afford. Read our article at the link for all the big chain ins and outs.
- Check your manufacturer's Facebook page or website for coupons.
- Offer organic vegetables from your local farmers market as nutritious snacks: juice carrots, broccoli, berries, bananas, apples, green beans and more. Mashed organic sweet potatoes make a wonderful filling for a frozen Kong or Busy Bone, alternated with bits of crunchy kibble.
- Watch the savings add up at the vet when your pup regularly gets good checkups with no health issues. Toxin residues eventually add up to illness.
- Try switching to natural pest control for home, yard and pets. No poisons means no poisoned pets. We completely annihilated Xena's hot spots when we switched up to all organic pest and lawn care.