|© Carrie Boyko|
Tanner Fetches As Oliver Cheers Him On
Walking to the park from the parking lot was similarly an exercise in high-energy as I repeatedly gave the message, "We'll get there when you stop pulling." Tanner always led the threesome to the park with extra vigor, excited to run with off leash abandon.
With maturity, Tanner no longer needs to run laps, yet he is still quite competitive about the race, although in shorter spurts. Rarely does another dog beat him to the ball if I bring the "chucker" along. When running with a pack of invigorated dogs, Tanner still keeps up or leads, at least until he feels the need to check in with me--an affectionate behavior that i find endearing.
At this point he is generally ready to spend his park time following me around as I check on Oliver and visit with our acquaintances that are also regulars at this local park.
This past weekend, though, Tanner showed me the Greyhound in him once again. A hound arrived to play--lithe and fast. When he engaged Tanner in a tag game, his owner started throwing a tennis ball for them. Tanner took off from behind like a Corvette on steroids, overtaking the hound in order to bring home the prize. Behind me I heard a "D@*#! That Golden is fast!" I laughed to myself, knowing that this is merely a hint of what he once could do.
"That's okay, Tanner I rather enjoy having you tag along with me as we visit around the park." The new blood, Oliver, is now the one who is tough to keep up with, yet his goal is much different:
|© Carrie Boyko|
Oliver Kisses as He Finds Affection
All Over the Park
- Grab the “Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop” button above and include it in your Saturday Blog hop post so that your readers will know what is going on. *Note – posting is optional. Feel free to just link and follow.
- Follow your co-hosts listed in the first 3 slots of the Linky Tool.
- Follow as many other blogs on the linky as you’d like.
- Take a moment to comment on the blogs telling them you’re from the blog hop.
- Follow back when you get a new follower through the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop.
- Make friends and grow. ♥