|© Carrie Boyko|
Oliver Keeps me Company
Home from vacation, I'm grappling with more than just jet lag. After a minor scuffle with a scooter turned into more than just minor, I find myself stitched up, swollen, sore and worse yet--unable to walk the dogs. Ugh!
So here I am, gimpy and unable to do the one thing I talk about the most on this site--exercise my dog. It's time to get creative and use my mind to wear out Tanner and Oliver. Here's the plan. If you can add anything, please leave a comment or join in the conversation on our Facebook page. I'd love your help!
- Start the day with a treat dispensing toy to make mealtime last longer
- Laser tag mid morning
- Fetch with soft toys at mid-day
- Mind stimulating puzzle toys on and off throughout the afternoon
- Practice the Call command on and off all day
- Train the Stay command in various locations as I get up and move
- Serve dinner in a scatter, giving each dog a room to play "go seek your food."
Visit Adopt a Dog Park
Follow All Things Dog at Twitter Find me at Facebook
© copyright Carrie Boyko, all rights reserved
Bookmark this on Delicious