- Are there any signs of a new animal, wild or domestic, coming close to the farm? If so, she might be feeling the need to patrol her territory more often.
- Is there any reason she might feel more protective of you? Dogs will sometimes get anxious and patrol more when they sense their human is feeling weak.
- Has she ever had a seizure, even snapping at invisible flies? Animals with epilepsy often get more restless as the years go by.
If your vet doesn’t find anything that’s treatable, you might try one or more of these :
- Anxiety in dogs can just melt away when they’re guided by an excellent pack leader. Watch the Dog Whisperer and double check your alpha dog skills.
- Try a flower essence, such as the Bach brand one called Rescue Remedy: Put a few drops into food twice daily for a couple of weeks.
- The homeopathic medicine Arsenicum album, 6X: Give one pellet twice daily for a week.
- Spend 30 minutes or so every day massaging her all over. Soft lighting and soft soothing music in the background can also help.
Good luck! A great companion like your dog is worth extra attention.
Visit Adopt a Dog Park
Follow All Things Dog at Twitter Find me at Facebook
© copyright Carrie Boyko, all rights reserved
Bookmark this on Delicious