|Cushy, Comfortable Wash-n-Zip Pet Bed|
- Don't forget an adequate supply of your dog's regular food. Switching food suddenly will often cause digestive upset for your pup.
- Medications that your dog requires should be set aside by your packing area to assure that you don't forget them.
- Essentials include bowls, bottled water (new areas will have varying bacterium in the water. Choose bottled or filtered for happier tummies), leash, collar and tags, medical records including shots, and a health certificate from your vet stating that Fido is healthy for travel. Many states will require this document for interstate travel. Make sure your dog is micro-chipped also!
- If your pup prefers a favorite bed, try fitting it into your suitcase. If this doesn't work, you may want to give our friends at Wash-n-Zip a check. These beds travel nicely and wash easily in household or hotel machines.
- Just in case of a health issue or injury, pack a pet first aid kit that includes everything you can imagine using. Injured dogs can lash out, so include a soft muzzle to keep you and caregivers safe while helping Fido get well. Injuries on vacation are just no fun, but preparation can make a huge difference. This fairly complete kit includes almost everything for about $80, but you'll get a good value and come close with this version for about $27. What's the difference? Quite
- Comfort means a lot to your pet, just as it does to you. Select a couple of small comfort items--toys or other favorites--to include in your pet's travel things. These may be especially welcome during travel when stress levels can be at their highest.
- Speaking of stress, it's good to determine what works best to reduce anxiety from travel in your dog. Is it music, a comfort item, a piece of your clothing, or your presence? Whatever it is, give it to him early and often. Your trip will be more
- Remember to make time for bonding with your pet while you're on your adventure. Take a hike with a view, enjoy an interesting historical area, visit a dog park or play hide and seek in your hotel room. Whatever it is that makes you and Fido feel spunky and end up cuddling. Tanner and I always end our #Doga workout with a good romp: