|Packer Fan Oatmeal Cookies for Fido|
- 1 Cup Kibble Crumbs*, saved from the bottom of each bag. For a finer flour, whir in your food processor or blender. A course flour works just fine in this recipe.
- 1 1/4 Cup Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Organic Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Organic Milk, reduced fat or fat free
- 1 Cup Organic or All-Natural Peanut Butter (salt and sugar-free is best for your dog)
- 1 Tablespoon Blackstrap Molasses **
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk dry ingredients together
- Stir in remaining ingredients gradually, until mixed.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead to a soft dough.
- Roll out to 1/2" thick and use cookie cutter to create fun shapes. Remember that these are treats, not meals, so although your cookies will be adorable, keep serving sizes reasonable, or replace some of Fido's chow with a cookie for mealtime balance.
- Bake on cookie sheets for about 13 minutes. All ovens vary and the timing will vary by the thickness of the dough as well.
- Cool and store in an airtight treat jar for a couple of weeks.
- These cookies freeze very well. Extras can be frozen in small packages to remove for enjoyment as needed.
**Did you know that although Molasses is a sugar, it also packs a tremendous nutritional value. According to Wikipedia, "...
Unlike refined sugars, it contains trace amounts of vitamins and significant amounts of several minerals. Blackstrap molasses is a source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron; one tablespoon provides up to 20% of the daily value of each of those nutrients. Blackstrap has long been sold as a health supplement."