Today I had a surprise package come wrapped up in the unlikely form of a blog comment. And not just any blog comment. This one included an award from a 'mom blogger.' Despite myself, I giggled. After all, I'm a mom. Just not in the same generation. My current 'kids' are furry. At least I can't say I'm a grandmother yet; that would really make me feel awkward. Now on with the acceptance speech.
Angela of Mommy Time Out found me only recently. I'm not sure how she located me, but one day she appeared on my site with a comment, and I was duly delighted to see her, as I always am with new visitors. She shared this award with me and instructed me to pay it forward by passing it along to 15 bloggers that I have recently come upon. Fifteen!
In addition I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself. Hmm... how much can I fudge on this? I guess honesty is the best policy, so we'll start there and pick carefully:
- I have 3 grown kids. My eldest is a defense and family attorney in Virginia. My middle son is an environmental scientist. My youngest is my only daughter, and is a senior in college.
- I have been happily married to my best friend for 33 years. Without him, well, I certainly would not be here telling you about him. I know; terrible joke!
- Although I have lived most of my life in Central Florida, I lived 11 years in Charlotte, North Carolina, where all of my children were born.
- After spending 10 years in HR and a successful entrepreneurial adventure, I did some freelance writing. I still have one book in print, although it is doubtful you will find it on a bookstore shelf.
- My family worried that I might have empty nest syndrome when our last kid left for college. Boy, did I show them!
- Tanner, Oliver and I enjoy trying new ways to stay active, and particularly enjoy biking, dog park visits and swimming together as diversions from the daily walk.
- I have little time for pleasure reading these days, but enjoy listening to audio books. My current favorites are the Michael Connelly novels about Mickey Haller, the Lincoln Lawyer of recent movie fame. As usual, the book is always better than the movie.
- April at A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design
- Richa at Find Me a Happy Pet
- Nicole from The Pomeranian Trainers
- Caren at Cat Chat
- Vet Wisdom Cafe
- Carly at Green Dog Love
- Sheryl Bastien of Timely Recipes
- Stacey of Little Boys are Made of Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
- Boondocks the Wonder Dog
- Ann at Chronicles of Sage
- Sarge Speaks Out
- Free Hot Samples
- Pat Wahler at Critter Alley
- 24 Paws of Love
- Crystal at My Life with Flyball Dogs