Follow me on Twitter
Write to Dr. Jacki, ASK THE VET
- Ring the doorbell and send your dogs to their "place", "spot", "bed" or other permanently named location for greeting.
- I will use the commands, STAY and DOWN, to get the message across further.
- Treat the pups after I pet them, if they stay put in their spots.
- Release them after a short stay and practice again.
- Repeat several times a day, and Thanksgiving could mean calmer greetings from my "happy-to-meet-you" pups.
Follow All Things Dog at Twitter
Find me at Facebook